Sunday, April 2, 2017

Reading Notes: Brook. Mahabharata (film) Part E

I like that Amba came back for Bhishma! I always wondered what happened to her! I think it was interesting that she came back as a ghost to tell them that she has been reincarnated as a man, and he will kill him. But she wanted to make it clear to him that it was going to be her getting her revenge.

I found myself thinking how it was possible that Krishna was able to call Ghatotkacha? I guess its not that big of a deal, but I found it interesting. The scene with him fighting in the war was really powerful and exciting. 

Where do the rest of these son's come from? Without any kind of background both Drona and Arjuna have sons that are fighting in the war. Abhimanyu even had a role in the fight, but no backstory. I think it could be interesting to write a story about Abhumanyu and his upbringing and backstory. 



Powerful image of Ghatotkacha fighting in the war. The original image can be found here.

Bibliography: 
Peter Brook's The Mahabharata
YouTube link to the film

No comments:

Post a Comment