Thursday, April 6, 2017

Wikipedia Trail: From Ghatotkacha To Cinema of India

This week I looked into a few characters that appeared in the movie, but did not really have much backstory. I started with looking up Hidimbi and her story. It turns out she doesn't have much of a story outside her interaction with Bhima. This then lead me to Ghatotkacha, her son. This then lead me to the debate over these huge bones that were found and thought to be Ghatotkacha's. It turns out the whole thing was a hoax. This then lead me to look further into him, and I found that Cinema of India actually made a movie just about Ghatotkacha back in 2008. So if anyone is interested in seeing that just click on the "Cinema of India" below and that should take you to the page that has it.


Article about 'bones' of Ghatotkacha. Link to image


Hidimbi


Ghatotkacha

Bones were a hoax

Cinema of India

No comments:

Post a Comment