Sunday, April 2, 2017

Reading Notes: Brook. Mahabharata (film) Part C

This has been my favorite part yet. While certain elements were confusing, and seemingly random- I enjoyed watching it. One of my favorite elements of this portion was how all of the brothers continued to show support to one another. When one has and idea or says that they are going on a journey, they trust him and wish him well. Even when Draupadi pointed out how it was all Yudhishthira's fault that they lost everything that they had and had to live in poverty, the panadava brothers stayed quiet. They all knew she was right, but they didn't feel the need to gang up on him further. I also liked the introduction of Hidimba. Her time with Bhima was quick, but I found that whole section very interesting and I like how he got to have a wife all to himself and a son that he loved and admired, even if it was just for a little bit. I'm excited to see if Ghatokacha comes back and what that role will look like. 

Image of Bhima and Ghatotkacha from the film (2:02)

Bibliography: 
Peter Brook's The Mahabharata
YouTube link to the film

No comments:

Post a Comment