Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Famous Last Words: The End.

Today I met all the requirements needed to attain an A in this class. While I still plan on keeping up with my Storybook and making sure that it is completed by May so that I can use it in my classroom this upcoming August- I no longer have to worry about deadlines or not completing the course. As I reflect back on this course, there are many nuggets of wisdom that I will keep with me forever. Some of these lessons include:

  • Learning about another culture is not just about knowing the surface level themes. You need to immerse yourself in their traditions, languages, and stories. Figure out what makes each aspect so important. 
  • Do your research. You also can't learn anything adequately by just skimming over the top. Spend time diving into topics and see where it leads you. 
  • Don't try so hard. Learning does not need to be a difficult or stressful task. Doing more things like watching films, reading, and writing can be awesome ways to learn and express the things you are learning. 
I am so thankful for the opportunity to have been enrolled in this course this semester. It taught me a lot about who I am as a student, writer, reader, and editor. It also opened my world of thinking to online-based courses and how useful they can be. I had never partaken in a class formatted like this, and now I wish they all worked like this. I will definitely be using online based learning techniques in my own classroom this fall. 

These were my last assignments of my undergraduate career. It is crazy that after spending four years here at the University of Oklahoma, I now only have one paper and one presentation that stand between me and my diploma. 


This sums up my feeling about being done with classes for this semester!! Image info can be found here





xoxo, mt.

No comments:

Post a Comment